The BEST scale for Akaza off of Demon Slayer!
Unboxing / Assembly / Review
Akaza Aniplex 1/8 Scale info
I bought it here
Otaku Sinh’s collection
- Paid on 09/06/2022
- Shipped on 02/06/2023
- Arrived 02/09/2023
Shopping w/ Hobby-Genki.com
Check out my other blog posts where I go deeper into Hobby-Genki here, here and here.
- A trustworthy anime figure website from Osaka, Japan
- MFC partners for another layer of trust
- Fast and slow shipping options at competitive rates
- Utilizes a “Private Warehouse” where you can combine or separate orders within 60 days
- “Pay Later” option
- Gets “Aniplex” exclusive figures, Kotobukiya ARTFX-J bonuses & other Bandai Exclusives
- The currency you pick at the time of purchase is what you are stuck paying with
- Shipping options are not automated for selection after entering “Private Warehouse.” You must ask for shipping quotes.
- The figure came bubble wrapped
- The figure box had it’s own plastic wrap under the bubble wrap
- A figure box of the “typical” scale mold for Aniplex
- Dark Maroonish/ reddish color box w/ Compass Needle theme
- 鬼滅の刃 “Kimetsu no Yaiba”
- 破壊殺 “Hakai Satsu” Destructive Death
- 羅針 “Rashin” Compass Needle
- Nice touch of what looks to be like a lamented blood splatter
- The figure comes with the figure and the base
- There are TWO different sized pegs
- Align them up with corresponding figure holes
- As good as it can get in a scale figure!
- Paint quality is excellent!
- The sculpting is on point in every facet (face, hair and body)
- The figure looks best in dimmed lighting
- The only downside is that it is not actually “glow in the dark”
- Overall aesthetics are accurate to the anime
Are there defects?
When it comes to anime figure collecting, you always have to ask yourself what you actually want. In my case, I value sculpt and paint accuracy, clean make and a pose that is representative of the character, ideally from an iconic moment. In this case, this figure satisfies all that. The face IS Akaza. His hair sculpt looks great. The veins in his body really brings out what makes him a “demon.” Even the subtle way the feet were sculpted to look real makes me excited about this figure. Everything you can really ask for Akaza and this figure is blown out of the waters. Maybe you can make some complaints about the blue paint speckles? To the naked eye, you will not be able to see it unless you really want to go eye-to-eye with Akaza.
Overall, this figure is as advertised and any prices below $200 sounds like quite a deal. It’s clean for something simple, but is a very iconic pose because of the epicness that was the Mugen Train Arc. This may end up being my easiest recommend for all of 2023!